Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lekeitio

June 23, 2009
I’m getting into this slow and easy lifestyle. Today’s stop is Lekeitio which is only 22 miles along the coast from Zumaia. Let’s see, that’s less than yesterday’s mileage. At this rate I might not make it back to work. Hmmm, that sounds about right.

As opposed to the last couple of mornings, Zumaia is so small there weren’t any problems finding my way out of town. The road went inland for a bit, then back to the coast at Deba. I might have stopped there, but it was only 9 miles and I really needed to do double digit distance. Mutrika is another scenic town which looks like a working fishing village.
Ondarroa mixes a fishing port with a couple of nice beaches. Finally after a grueling day I stopped in Lekeito. The road goes inland from here to Guernika so I decided to stay on the coast and spend another afternoon at the beach.


coast road


Mutrika


Lekeitio

Tomorrow I’ll head south through mountains to Vitoria. Hopefully my legs haven’t forgotten how to pedal for an entire day. The weather is still perfect so that should help.


View Larger Map

1 Comments:

Anonymous SteveF said...

Now you are talking rides I could do. Great story, thanks for writing it up for all of us!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home