Monday, June 22, 2009

Zumaia

June 22, 2009
My day has been relaxing, once I was able to get out of San Sebastian. I tried taking a very narrow, very steep road west of the city, but turned back because I was afraid it would dead end. It’s another episode to blame on the map, and ultimately on me.

The coast is very scenic. I stopped for a while in Zarautz before continuing on to Zamaia. I’m only a little over 20 miles down the coast, although I rode further with my trial and error navigation method.


Zarautz


downtown Zumaia

I spent most of the afternoon at the beach just west of town. It’s in a dramatic setting wedged between slate cliffs. The weather couldn’t have been nicer today.


Itzurun beach in Zumaia


looking back at the beach from further down the coast

Tomorrow I’ll continue along the coast, maybe to Bermeo. Wednesday I’ll probably head south to Vitoria.


View Larger Map

1 Comments:

Blogger Eduardo said...

Hi Gary!

Im Eduardo i met you near Albarracín, congratulations for your travelling and blog, the photos are very nice, i add your direction blog to my blog.

¡Good way!,

Eduardo.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home